Thursday, May 1, 2008

The meeting of Bermuda and Germany!







SO now I'm on the bus home from Nyc, and Ct where I just came from rehearsal with Pilobolus. Thats right internet on the bus, man I love this new company, Boltbus all the way!















Rehearsal was of course great in seeing everybody! We haven't all been together now in about 5 and a half weeks, and we really kind of like each other alot, and have a really good group of dancers together. In fact I called everyone the night before just to tell them I couldn't wait to see them, and Holly said she had a surprise for me which ended up being a bracelet she made for me out of the present I bought the girls before we left,( which was a bead kit).




But the thing that was horrible about coming back after having so much time off, was actually doing the dance we created. Oh Gees! Talk about stiff necks, sore thighs, and cranked backs. And not a single one of us could figure out the whole dance from beginning to end, thank God He gave us all different minds to remember different things. So the first day was spent on going over everything we had forgotten, and trying to remember what exactly the choreography was. Oh we also had our first costume fitting!

Well, if there was ever a time when I wanted to be a solid gold dancer, it has now been fulfilled, 10 times over. We all have these really glittery silver or gold peices of clothing on. I think the fabrics were made out of glitter, anway there's glitter every where on us , I am going to be nothing but sparkling for almost 3 weeks in Germany. Talk about standing out, I'm already going to be the darkest one there, Now that is going to be enhanced byt these small reflecter dots all over my body that the sun is going to catch, and glimmer in peoples eyes. Oh, I always wanted to feel special right!! Ha!





But running thru the dance in costume as much as possible, we realized we're not going to be able to do as much of it as we thought, so we had to try some new costume ideas the next day, in which she made these fabulous moon pants for me that were just emaculate! I love them so much, and I want to keep them as lounge pants. You don't even understand how awesome they were, I'll try to get a picture of them the next I have them on. of course we had a great time playin around with each other as well.





Anyway, The other great thing about being back up there in the woods of Conneticut, was that the other cast for Bermuda was there rehearsing as well across the street. We haven't been able to see each other, or hangout at all since we've started, so we were all freakin excited to be staying in the same hotel together, and see each other dance. It was way cool for us newbies, we haven't seen each other since the audition, and there is a special connection we have since we were the ones hired. The Bermuda crew just hired 3 guys( to our 2guys and 2 girls), and actually the one guy they hired is also going to be in the main company in the fall as well, he got the best gig! They were able to come over and watch us do our dance, which made us excited but nervous. But it was good for our directors to get feedback from the others. I think the best time we had was hanging out the one night in the haunted hotel room. Whatever, it's an old nice big bed and breakfast that the company always puts all the dancers up at, and this time we had totally taken over, and there is one corner room upstairs that has these 2 pictures that are old, and eery looking because of the faces of the people in them. So we were trying to scare each other by scratchin, and knocking on the wall, which worked at times. Of course being who we are, we were playing around, picking each other up, and balancing all over everything acting goofy.











It's very exciting the Bermuda crew leaves either may 8 or the 10th, So it was fun to see them off. It's getting crazy for us now to, we leave in 22 days!!!! wooohoooo.



No comments: