Saturday, October 25, 2008

becoming a circus freak

Well hello again, it has been 2 weeks now here in Florida, and we have been workin our butts off 6 days a week. We have been busy learning songs, adding new vocals to other songs, changing harmonies, revamping music, addind longer dance breaks, and going back again and changing it all over.



On top of that we have had circus rehearsals as well, having full juggling lessons with different sizes of balls, hankerchiefs of varying weight and color, 3 and 4 rings, and big ole bowling like pins. Those who have that down are advancing to 3 man juggling stunts. I have also had to learn how to walk and be comfortable on 4ft stilts, because I and another guy will be dancing on them for a number with Tom Thumb, who is suppossed to be 25 inches tall( by the way this was an actual real person in life, he actually found another small person and married her.) That would be fine but the stilts that I was suppossed to be using our one cast members old stilts which are not as supported as the new stilts, and are way more wobbly and uncomfortable, and not even easy to walk in let alone dance in, and so being I fell back off them and landed on my hip. So now I'm am going to fight and make sure the theatre will buy me the right stilts for the show. I was on the good stilts today, and O was able to do kicks and everything with them on.

The other really cool thing I have been learning is the spanish web!! As you see in the video up top. Now this isn't really that hard, you basically have to learn how to climb the rope with your strength mainly coming from your legs. And then you just get whipped around, and have to create different positions and shapes while you're turning. No I have to admit I have put the stopper loop to far down my wrist and have cut off my circulation, and have felt that tingly sensation in my arm for 2 days, and was worried when I put my foot in the loop that I was going to have to get my foot amputated, but it all worked out fine.

Now since we work our butts off like crazy, our one day off is filled with absolute relaxation, which consists of laying by the pool, or even better, going to the BEACH!!! Of course since we're crazy dancers and performers, and now weird circus freaks, we act goofy at the beach. Did I mention I love my job!!

No comments: