Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The opened door



Well, I decided to label this the open door because I have experienced a new level of this business, where more things are, or are able to happen. Now last thursday I auditioned for CHICAGO the musical on Broadway, I figured hey what the heck why not. Now the audition was held in the AEA building, which is the equity building, you know the union for actors, and if you are not equity then you can only wait out in the hallway, and not go into the lounge waiting room, or use any bathroom, in fact you have to go back outside around the corner to use the bathroom at McDonalds. yeah thanks!


But then I heard something, and someone told me to try something, so I pulled out my EMC card which is my equity membership candidate which I recently received in the mail, and proceeded to go in, and what do you know, I was aloud in, HA! Awesome! Now I refused to go to auditions that were held in this building cause who wants to feel lower by not even being seen, or having to wait in some crowed hallway, oh not me no thanks, but now I can, and I have to limit myself to certain auditions. whoo hoo.


The audition. Well I forgot my shoes, Darn, so I figured I'd have to do it all barefoot, but wouldn't you know another fellow, John Baptist to be exact, had brought character shoes that he was wearing so I got to use his. Now you know how this show is, so you know all the guys there were hot and good looking, and wearing all the tight black or chest popping clothes, (including myself, hey I'm trying to get a job!) The combination was easy, it was the opening All that Jazz, and only a little different than what I do in my show. But they had everyone go, split people in piles, but didn't keep any of us non equity folk,( they did see equity though), but hey at least we got seen. I don't know what pile I was in, but they said they would call people in a couple of months. So if I hear something you'll know about it.


A lot of the auditions I go too I find off the web on certain websites, but there is a certain one called backstage that you have to subscribe too, and that's the one you want, cause it has everything, film tv, tours, industrials, just everything. I didn't really have the money for it, but I figured I could try it for a month, only 1295 and see what I could find, man let me tell you the door opened wide, talk about being in the know, I'm finding all sorts of stuff, now it's a matter of which auditions I'm going to go to on the same day, for instance I have 3 to try and go to on june 4, and 4 to try and make on june 11, including Finding nemo, the Wedding singer, Disney Cruiselines, Hairspray, and Guys and Dolls in California. geesh. Praise the Lord!!

No comments: