Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Foundation



SO,
Yesterday I went took the chinatown bus to NYC. I had to go Ctown way cause Greyhound didn't have a bus that would get me there in time. (and you know I swear the driver was more speaking spanish then Chinese.) He also drove like the dickens!
So I get to wonderful Chelsea studios about an hr before the callback, and munch on some wonderful peanut m&ms, oh the blessed chocolate and nut! Anyway, I veg out to All My Children for about a half hr, and after throwing up in mouth, though still having to give credit where it's due,( hey those actors are working), I head over to the warm up room. The first person I see is the tall black guy from the audition whose voice could be heard from 2 studios over, I knew he had the job, and then the rest were girls stretching.
Well, good rule of thumb you want to be at an audition at least 40 mins early. By 2pm there were still only 2 guys, Him and me, Whoah, I thought, I was expecting 4 of us from the day before, so the director could pick the 2 he wanted.
I guess I was wrong.
So they bring us into the other studio where the choreographer and director, and Casting director are, and we go over the combination from before. It's 7 girls and us 2 guys. Now the girls were all vying for 1 spot, but us guys were told she was looking for 2 men. The director was giving us very specific notes about arms and stopping quick out of turns, really making sure that I knew that he was speaking to me. I didn't think He liked me at all. Well he makes us dance it a couple times back to back, which was very tiring, but his reasoning was this section comes after a 9 min dance number get used to it.
Well the whole thing took about 20 mins or so, and that was it, they didn't have us sing again or nothing. I had to come all they way back here for 20 mins. GEESH. They tell some information about the tour, starts rehearsing aug 20, for 3 weeks 10 month contract, and then they tell us, thanks our manager will let you know sometime after a week when she gets back from vacation. WHat! all that and you still aren't going to tell us, come on we're big kids we can handle rejection at this point.
So, we left, a little defeated, I ended up be friending the the other guy, his name is Watkin(picture coming). We connected cause He is a Christian also, it's tough in this field to find people with the samesince of morality.
Well to get to the point.
On my way home when I was talking to my little brother, I received a call from the casting assistant that they wanted to offer me a part in the NATIONAL TOUR OF EVITA!!!!
....more soon to follow

7 comments:

Adams said...

Congrats! I hope I get a chance to see you before you leave, if not I hope to catch you on tour.

Team Jones said...

Yeah Alfie!!!! Congratulations!

Gretchen said...

so cool! i'm glad to see all that auditioning you've been doing has paid off in such a big way!!!

jayehm said...

Congrats bro! Let me know when this starts so I can get you up for dinner before you leave... ah, I'll give you a call this weekend since I never got back to your father's day call... I know, I'm a jerk!!

JK

Kristina said...

You are amazing! And finally, someone that makes shows and finds the cool people to be in them noticed too! :) Is it coming through Baltimore?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alfie! I'm so happy for you! Way to persevere! I really hope I get to see you on this tour. Blessings, Lane:-)

rae said...

AWESOME!!! You've been on my mind lately. Congratulations on Evita, I can't wait to see you soon!