Thursday, January 10, 2008

closed and open doors


YO Yo YO!


So Today I received an email that was my invitation to audition for Cirque du Soleil.

umm.....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being that I really can't think of words to say for how loud I screamed as I read the invite( and my poor friend Rick was on the phone with me, sorry bout the ear drum buddy). Those exclamation points will have to do. I can't even begin to tell you how incredible this is, not only for me but in general. Everyone doesn't just get a call from Cirque asking them to send them stuff. They don't need too. That alone was something outrageously special they did for me. Not saying that I'm anything great, infact I didn't even feel like I put my strongest foot forward with my video, but I am so glad that God shines thru my weaknesses.But none of their auditions are open from what I know, it's all by invitation I have been dreaming about being apart of one of their shows since I think I was 18, but I never thought I had a chance cause I couldn't do acrobatics. This is just more than I even know how to deal with. I won't say more than I can ask for, cause I really want this show so bad!! I want to do so well at this audition that they hire me on the spot. My audition will be on February 23, 2008 in NYC apparently. So I have 5 weeks to get ready. I will be dancing as much as possible, and in the gym pretty much everyday, accept sunday,maybe. The styles that they are looking for for this new show is contemporary and hiphop. So I will definitely be in these 2 styles of class alot. And ballet every morning(accept friday when it's in the evening)

So what did I do tonight to celebrate? besides having my last bit of dessert for 5 weeks,I went and took class!!

here's the combination that mis Beautiful Crystal Frazier who's on faculty at UArts gave us. I'm the dark one in the middle. It's been a while since I've been in a hip hop class, so I'm kind of stiff, don't hold it against me.

3 comments:

Sarah Jessica Farber said...

I love the video clip! I'd love to see more of these -- hint, hint.

Anonymous said...

congratulations. you deserve it! I hope all is well. -dave buie

Vernon said...

Congratulations Alfie! Good to see you last Sunday. Keep us updated. - Vernon