Monday, January 21, 2008

TRAINING!






Well, I received my formal letter from the headquarters casting director in Montreal on friday, so it is all official. Now what I have decided to do since I am still getting paid to be on tour for a couple of weeks,(though I'm not on tour), is to use these 5 weeks as intensive training to get ready for this audition. This is actually the biggest audition of my life so far. Now You might think that Broadway would be pretty much up there too, but the thing is I've auditioned for Broadway since I was a sophomore in college, and it's only a matter of time before I get a show there. This is the biggest because this is something I thought I would never be able to be apart of, so big infact I was trying to see if I should go to their circus school so that I would have something they wanted. Also the fact that it's an invitation only audition shows how really huge this is, and prestigious they can be, cause they can. I want this so so bad!!!!!!!!!! I was able to look online and find someone's writing on their audition experience, and let me just tell you it scared me something fierce. There were so many parts to this all day tryout, with cuts and selections to move on all day. And pretty much the thing that scared me was the part I read about having all 3 splitts, and having to do perform a 1 min solo. But I am doing what I can to stretch like I never have before, so that I at least have a good 2 out of 3, it's so hard to do the middle split, you just have to have open hips. But I have also decided to go into this auidition with a totally new mind set. I am going in there with the attitude of confidence, and the expectancy to do well, and to get the job. WHy! Cause I want it, my heart is in it!! And I am going to make sure I do everything I can to do the absolute best job I can. In Jesus Name!
The other totally awesome thing is when I went to Ballet this morning, Sarah comes bouncing in and says, "guess who's coming with you to NY on the 23d!!!" How awesome, my friend Sarah who has also been an intern at the studio has applied and been invited. Now she is one of those flexible freaks, she was watching a video of cirque and saw this girl totally bending herself to put her feet on her shoulder blades, so that is what she is also working for. Crazy! ANyway that is another part of training saturating myself with dance, and with Cirque material. Pictures, images, music, videos, choreography, anything that can get stuck in my head and used as ideas for creativity and performance.
Though I am focusing on this audition, I will audition for COLOR PURPLE this fri. They haven't seen me in a while, don't want them to forget about me. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: