Wednesday, June 4, 2008

all things German


So so much has been going on. It is hard to keep you updated on a regular basis cause we don't get regular all the time wifi access, we only have it set up for all day or all night. So if I'm out all day, and then go out at night after the show, I'm pretty much screwed. And then On top of that we are 6 hrs ahead.
Ok, so the venue that we perform in is this big glorified tent, that from the inside does not look like a tent, just a glorious very chic restaurant. This is the Super VIP lounge for the clients and customers of Heidelberg Printing Press( who we're working for). The format goes they drink sit down have dinner, watch our show then have there dessert and continue drinking. Let me just reiterate there is mad money behind all this. Crazy stupid money!!!!
It is absolutely amazing for me to be here! I have crossed over to become an international dancer!!! Dudes that is so awesome!! I never in my life thought I would ever be in Germany, let alone considered high talent, and semi living here for a period of time. I'm just an awe of the fact that I'm here. You know it's very surreal for me. I have not had much contact with folks from the states, and so I'm not really feeling emotional, or spiritual intimacy here, so I feel like I'm not all together here, like I'm plucked out of my life for this period of time, to experience this weird dream. I think I also feel this way cause I have not been able to share this experience on a personal level with any of my close friends. All the times cool things happen I just want to do what I normally do, which is calling somebody, and I haven't been able to do that at all, which has been killing me. Some times I get lonely cause I might not see people till we meet to go over to the lounge. There's been a lot of solo exploring, which has been good but, I still would like to share it with people.

None the less a lot of cool things have been happening. Most of the time to and fro from the hotel to the tent Lounge, we've had this taxi bus, driven by this totally sweet older man with horribly bad teeth named Lucian. Great guy. Well one day he finally got to come in and watch the show. Man he loved it, which made us fantastically happy. To further our ecstaticness, and to show how much he likes us, after the show he gave us all little teddy bears that he had bought for us from Ikea. I have no idea when he bought them and when the idea had hit him, but let me just tell you it hit us all in that great spot in our hearts to get these bears. I'm still working on a name for mine though, it's got to be German.

The other thing that makes this a really weird experience for me is this, the dancers in the company call me a demi god. Which I do not encourage, and I hate, and I try as much as possible to give all the praise back to God. But what seems to have happened here is that everyone really loves me for some reason. Now in the show there are kind of 2 distinct parts where I stand out. There's this whole eygpt section where I'm like the pharoh and am the main focus in this 4 man duet. At the end of the dance there's this fun like hiphoppy dance party section, and they gave me a part where I have a little solo. I come out into the middle of the stage do like 3 or 4 turns in the silence and then do this big toe touch right when the music comes back in. It's a big little to do.but really not like a special thing. Well the President of the company has read our names out after the show one by one so we could bow, and both times for my name there has been shockingly more applause and shouting for me. It makes me feel bad. It is like this to the point that one night after the show, I was asked to go out and meet 2 young lady admirers, and have drinks with them. That was a weird night. Just didn't feel like myself at all, I'm not a smoozer. BUt I had to take one for the team and do it for the company, cause the ladys were very high profile in our clients company. we also went out one nite and in the club apparently we were told by a club patron, that everyone thought I was beautiful and was looking at me. So it's been really weird for me cause of everyone's high perception of me. It's definitely cool, but it's weird cause I don't know how to stay humble when there is this constant compliment. So I had a shirt made, it says, " Dusseldorf dunkle schocolade,". Guess what that means!?

SO Heidelberg wanted to make us feel special and thanks us so last night they took us to the rich part of Dusseldorf, over the Reign river, to this real italian restaurant. Exclusive, we end up going downstairs to this wine cellar where they have this elaborate dinner set up for us. Man it was all the expensive amazin stuff you think it would be, and let me just say I had pasta with truffles in it, you know it's high class now. It was just a total amazing experience.
I'm in Germany, WOW!

No comments: