Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So, here I am back in Nyc,

You know what, I have only been in my home for the weekends this whole month, and where I seem to be shuffled back to is New York, so that's it and I;ve decided, I will be moving to NYC at the end of june!!

I have been here all week cause there has been an audition every day that I wanted to go to. Well, Once you get here, or I should say once things actually start panning out, and you're in the week, and life happens to you, you end up picking and choosing what is actually worthwhile auditioning for. For instance, I decided to not go to the WIZARD OF OZ call, cause it's only for a dinner theatre in Ohio! and Would I really want to do that show for an extended period of time, yeah I didn't think so.

Tuesday comes I get up early and go to another call for a new Broadway show, that is untitled. Now things like this bring people out of the woodwork, all kinds of people I hadn't seen before, and alot of the Equity regulars. And I mean alot, there was over 100 equity boys there, and then came us non ecs. Usually male calls don't get over the hundred mark. So I knew this was going to be a long wait, on top of that it was for a Gershwin project, which means old, and WHITE. This is just probably going to be a show with non so many black tracks(ie. roles for black people). SO I decided to leave and go work out, I figured I had another one later that day so wasn't worried about it, but what was funny is that on my way to the other studio, I stopped by Gershwin again and found out that my name had just been called to go in, I did wait and ponder if I was going in, but I decided not too. I headed down town to a studio I had never been before, and after finding it, was kind of weirded out. The ambiance was weird cause there were african type trinkets everywhere, it was a Capoeria studio. The weirdest place I have ever had a Broadway audition.
Well after waiting for what seemed to be a day, they finally got thru all the equity boys. It had been over an hour, and it was good thing they were done, cause we were making ourselves delirious with laughter, from the long wait weirded out environment, and crazy anxiousness. We had already seen one group come out incredibly soaked from sweat, and knew this was going to be an intense combination.
So we learned the most fun, fierce dance combo. It was great!!! It was a dance worth waiting for, haven;t had that much fun in an audition in a while.( though Lyrics audition was pretty fun). But again they were not making any cuts cause it was the first round of their whole process. Oh well. They let us dance it one more time just for the sheer fun of it. Awesome!!
Man I love to dance.
Well I was supposed to go to an audition on wed. but lets just say I only got home an hour before the morning news came on, so by the time the audition rolled around, I was sleep. It's ok, It wasn't a huge dancing show. But the great thing was despite that, I got a call back from MEMPHIS for thursday!!!, And then on top of that, I got a call from OK with a contract to do both SWING and 7BRIDES!!!!!!!!!!! WWWHHHHHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!
So I was way excited and happy to land this gig, with these 2 shows that I really wanted to do. And it's great timing in my schedule it will start like a week after I get back from Germany and London. I'm so totally stoked for that experience!!!!!!!!!!! Man I can't wait to find out I'm one of the brothers!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahha

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Alfie-that is so awesome! You are just walking through open doors, one after the other--I am happy for you:-)