Friday, April 20, 2007

Chasing Cats, and loosing Cookie Monster


On Wednesday this past week, Andre and I took the China town bus and went to NYC. Andre is the other black in my show, the other one in the video( with the good hair and great smile). Here's a picture of him, I know it's kind of scandalise, but hey it's the one he sent me. So we decided to take a trip on our day off and audition for the tour of CATS. This as most of you know is a highly dancing musical, and I love this show. There's like a 25 min dance number for no reason, AWESOME! So of course as the day starts off, I'm late from trying to warm up in the gym, and almost miss the bus. As I was speedily walking I noticed that the main street toward cityhall was blocked off with a whole lot of caution tape, and there were cop cars every where. Now they were doing construction on this road, but I thought it odd there were Cops around, and as I slowed to pay more attention, I saw that people other philadelphians were perusing about, as I cross the street I see the remains and broken pieces of what used to be probably a motorized wheel chair right smack in the middle of the intersection.
I have no idea what happen.
Anyway, so we get to New York around 1:15pm and go straight to Chelsey Studios. This is where a good 3/5ths of all the auditions for anything happens. It's a great place, lots of rehearsals for Broadway, and tours and classes are here, and they have a desk bubblegum machine that gives you free peanut m&ms. I love this place! We sign up for a spot, ends up being 2:45pm. So I venture out uptown towards time square and go to Capezio headquarters to be my character shoes for Chicago. Black Suede ballroom shoes with split soles and a 2in Cuban heal. Yes!,
So 50 mins, and 4 miles later, I get back to Chelsey. Andre is sitting with a friend from his last gig, who is also there auditioning. He introduces me, "hey I know you" I say, and he remembers me, but doesn't know why, " You taught my Sesame Street Audition!"
Funny hunh. Ok a little background. Andre was in that tour of Sesame Street, that came here to philly , where I auditioned at. But he quit the tour. His friend says to me, " what are you doing here, you said you weren't available til September, WE WANTED TO HIRE YOU!"
Um excuse me? SO yeah found out that this guy was trying to give me hints through out the audition that told me they were looking for an immediate replacement( instead of the fall contracts which they advertised). I guess I'm not that bright, or he is just a really bad communicator. hahaha. So I jokingly said Cookie Monster, and he said yeah that's who'd I'd be. So, I miss that one, now I know to put my availability for as soon as possible on my audition sheets. Hey you live and learn. But those guys are both sure that I'll get a call for the fall show.
Hey God has the right timing for me, I just gots to do my thing and be patient.
By the way, The CATS audition was great, I made it past the dance cut, and sang my song, and now they have me on file. cool. It's a good casting company to be on file for, This is the same company that did CARMEN,( I'll tell those that don't know about that later.) So we keep on truckin, Stay tuned these next couple weeks are going to get BIZZZEY!


This Cats names is alonzo, Alfonso,Alonzo, hey!

No comments: