Monday, July 16, 2007

a mind's thoughts

I'm sorry that I have let you hangin.
Life has been a whirl wind of emotions, and activities, events, people, and decisions.
But here we go.

It has been awesome to get offered this part in Evita. It has absolutely changed my whole outlook on life it seems. My friends say that they hadn't seen me happy and really smiling in months before I found out. I guess I really never knew how hard I was working, or worried moreover,( probably about not getting work).
But, I did get a job, and when people heard they were just as happy and fulfilled it seemed as I was. It's like they needed to hear the news to be encouraged themselves, and that does make me feel awesome that I could encourage others. It is very nice to know that people do see your hard work. My papa always tells me, people are always watching.
I got to go back to my hometown again, the wonderful state college, to sing in an alumni choir for Essence of Joy, it was an awesome experience, and what is really great about it is, there are people from the choir who are on Broadway right now,(including big brother James Lane), and now I am able to get advice from them about what to expect on tour, and how to survive out there.
It feels so nice to finally feel validated in what I do, and in who I am. especially when you have been devoting your whole life to one goal. back home in people who I'd run into were all about the praise, and exclaiming how I made it, and am living my dream. I have to admit I was kind of like, no not yet, it's just a necessary step to obtaining that, but some reminded me what it all means, and when I was in high school, or even college looking at the actors who come in on tours and do shows, and I how I dreamed of being where they were. hat is a very cool feeling. To know that I can inspire people. Getting this tour just makes me feel so great!
You know what else feels great, not having to jet around auditioning for a while. Oh man it has been such a load off my mind to not have to be so attentive to every audition in NyC, and just relax, and get off my horse, and rest in the fact that yes, I am a professional, and I'm good at what I do. Man I just praise God! Though it's interesting what kind of storm clouds show up, right when the sun starts shining it's brightest, but this to shall past.
Last week I received a call from a number I didn't know, it was a guy from NYC, He was apart of the entertainment company, Costuming, wanted to see when I could come in to the city for a costume fitting? HAHAHAH, whooo, let me just tell you, that feels awesome!!
Well I have about a month til I go up to the city for rehearsals, and there's a lot of last minute preparations, finances, and appts. to take care of, all that and packing and moving my stuff into storage, and seeing a whole lot of people before I go, Life's going to get busy here, so I may just post pictures up events sort of a photo journal.

remember love people as hard as you can

No comments: