Friday, July 27, 2007

Last Dance










Last weekend the dance company that I've been interning with, (Koresh Dance Company) had an annual dance showcase, where they raise money for the company by putting on a show in the studio. I've performed in one of these earlier that they invited me to dance in, and knowing that I'm leaving the the town and the studio and ending my internship with them, they invited to dance last weekend.





Most of you philly folk know cause I sent out an email for the last chance to see me dance in philly. It was great! 4 shows on sat and sun. I was in a peice where it was just a duet with another girl, while another girl danced around us. It was a good partnering dance everyone liked it alot. I also performed my own piece, called a moment of improv with Alfie. God has given me a great sence of creativity, and performance ability to be able to make up things on the spot. so that's what I did. The best thing about the whole thing is that this is the time you can play, play with anything so I made a fun costume. I felt awesome cause I was surprised from my friends Andrew and Irene, who came to support me, now these friends are awesome for they have seen almost everything that I have performed in while leaving here in philly. Kudos guys, score's high for you.
My friend Danny came to, and of course my parents, love them. I danced to a spiritual, it was very heart moving. We practiced a little of the dance on tape, so I'll see if I can put it on here, other wise I will get a cop pretty soon, and will be able to post the whole performance of it later. enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alfie...remember me from the Boal Barn/State High? I don't know if you still check this, but I figured it was worth a shot. I just saw the Wiz at Penn State, and it made me think of you...because you made a much better Wiz than the guy they had playing it!

Shoot me an email if you get this- lms336@psu.edu