Friday, August 10, 2007

The Excitement insues






As you now I have been fretting over whether or not this tour is still happening for I wasn't getting any kind of information, well that has all ceased. I have not gotten emails from our company manager( his name's Brad)! Our CM is like our parent for the road, he makes sure we're ok, and takes care of our needs and things on tour. He's already getting together birthdays, and favorite frostings, and the fun things people like to do so we can all have a good time on tour. I am getting freakin excited about this now!!



I have to admit I was given a small scare when I found that they are still having another open male dance call on the 14th, just days before we start rehearsal. I almost thought I had to go to that one to just to secure my spot, but I remembered I signed my contract already, and my appt. for my costume fitting in New York is already set. By the way getting that call was definitely one of the coolest things I have felt, to be called in to New york city for a costume fitting, wow I really am professional.


Possibly the greatest realization I am having about what the best thing about getting this tour is, is how many great people I have in my life. How many great relationships God has blessed me with. The people who encourage me and support me, are the whole reason why this blog was created in the first place. So I've been trying to see as many of them, or you as I can before I leave for almost a year. This past week I've been on a little many tour around PA visiting friends, and getting some quality time in, and let me just say I haven't felt this loved in a while. People who are willing to sacrifice what they can for me to show me how much I mean to them. It has been truly amazing. And pretty much all of them propositioned me into finding a way to move close by.hahaha. I love them/you.





I got to have a great conversation with a good friend of mine Jess, who was in Aida with me. She's the girl from the picture in my very first blog. She is a great person to talk to for she is an awesome professional performer, and she is a christian, and it's not often you find someone with the same morals and values that you do in this business, whatever the belief. She has down a couple tours herself, national and international, so I was able to get some great perspective from her that I really needed. Mostly about remembering that God has made this all happen for a reason, and though this will be my job, He has specifically placed every person there to be together to form relationships and to effect each other, so I'm praying that I can be the best I can be to be able to help create the best community as possible. Yeah ME!hahahah

Well as I approach my last week here in philly, I'm stuck with trying to make the most of every moment, Valuing the little times with multiple people, and preparing for the great things ahead that has come out of all the experiences I've had here livin in west Philly! maybe I'll just post some pictures of great times I've had here.
remember love people as hard as you can

(ps, we got 2 nominations for CHICAGO, best choreography, and best supporting actor for Amos)

No comments: