Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Meaning of a Name

Wow,
here it is thursday night, my last official night living here in philadelphia. What an incredible ride and journey it has been here. I was having dinner with my friends tonight, and we were talking how we first met over a yr ago, and how it had only been that short of time. Which feels so absurd, cause I feel so close to alot of people and places here. You know I have had dinner at a different person's house everynight this week, and still didn't get to spend the intimate time with everyone I wanted too.

You know what else was awesome, my friends got together and had a surprise dinner party for me yesterday! I freakin love surprises!!! And it really did catch me off guard, I praise God for them. And The beautiful Melody made one of my absolute favorites desserts, ICE CREAM LASAGNA! Which she made for my birthday, I love this stuff. It was great they indivisually came in with a sign that all read: Goodbye, Alfie, Hello, Evita! You know something I always long to feel special, and these guys did a darn good job. I have to admit I was upset that she made that dessert knowing full well I would eat it, and knowing full well I'm trying to get in shape for rehearsal.



Today I was sent my copy of the contract, and as I look at emails from my Company Manager, and listen to messages from the costume shop, and make ready my staying arrangements, I breathe in the era of my new life, one who is actually living in the knowledge that his dreams are on the way to full being realized, and coming true. Woah...



I spent this afternoon getting the last things I needed for rehearsal, and then crashing on the couch next to my mom as she caressed my shiny bald head. She is definitely proud, and will miss me so much. I found out there is only 2o people in the cast. Smaller than I imagined. That also made me feel good, cause I really know they wanted me. We start off rehearsing in NYC for 2 weeks, then we all fly down to Chattanooga and rehearse there for 2 weeks, WOOOWOOO


You know growing up I hated this city of philadelphia. I was dragged here to see people who I didn't feel cared about me, and to a culture and environment I didn't know or fit into, (come on, I'm not your average urban black guy.)But These past 2 years, has shown me what kind of character, and family this city can create.




The city of brotherly love? yeah philly you win.






No comments: