Thursday, August 2, 2007

The perfect preparation

So there is about a little over 2 weeks left now til I start rehearsals for the fabulous national tour of EVITA. And you know I was starting to get pretty anxious. Now my name(alfie) actually means eager, so sometimes my eagerness becomes passionate and turns into anxioussness.( my name also means noble). There hasn't been any contact from the company, and when I called the stage manager to see if they had received my contract, I got a message saying she was going to be in China til Aug 20, which happens to be the first day of rehearsal, so needless to say I was feeling a little scared. But today I received a call from Ben wanting to know when I could get up to New York for my costume fitting. Oh how way cool!!! Man getting a call like that makes you feel so incredibly good, it makes it real. I felt like I'm a true professional.

What also makes this so hard, is not knowing who else is in the cast, or having an official intenerary. Now I have found some ways to remedy these ailments of mine. My friend Thom who was in HAIR at the prince music theatre, you remember Andre, that was the show he left my show,CHICAGO for. So with the intertwining of theatres (for there was also another girl in that show who had just finished doing the show before CHICAGO at the candlelight theatre), we ended up making some new friends.... but anyway, Thom found that another friend of his got offered EVITA, and so when we were hanging out, he called him, and thus we were introduced. So I know of one person. As for the iteneary, well I had to do some stealth spy research. One night doing laundry and, particularly bored, I tried googling everything I thought would yeild me info on EVITA! After what seemed eons, and multiple word combinations I came across the right mathematical formation that enhanced my enlightenment!(evita tickets 2007,08)
As I perused the 24 pages of search results, I pretty much came up with a good 3/4 to 3/5 of the tour! So now I am very excited, cause I know that we are booked places, and this is a reality, Praise God!!! So I guess I can start posting when and where we're going to be.

So in preparation for this new journey, and tour across the nation, I have done what I think to be the most profitable way to get ready..and thus I boarded a plane to San Diego California!! WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!(vacation having a good time, vacation happy to get away,(song)) Well so maybe it's not the best way to get ready, but I sure needed it. It was actually my first vaca ever, can you believe that!




So it was awesome!! I went and visited my friends Eric and Tatum, I slept on the beach, swam with seals, Sailed in the sunset, bet on horses, chomped on mexican, shopped for fun, viewed the zoo,(which I was sadden by), and accidentally sipped alcohol on a rooftop club that showed movies and overlooked the Padres stadium, and got darker, actually I got sun burned. It was Absolutely fabulous! Or as I stated all week as my catch phrase,which suited the whole experience, It was so Hot right now!














No comments: