Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Process from Company to Family


Hello folks,
well we are now in week 2 of Evita rehearsal! Let me just say how absolutely awesome it is to be doing what I love to do, what I've dreamed of doing, and getting paid for it. Not much, but still enough to live off for this next year.
We finished ACt 1 and ran it the end of last week, went pretty well, and we will learn the rest of act 2 tomorow and actually have a stumble thru of act 2, So act 2 in only 3 days!!!! WOOWOO. So now we are more in the process of cleaning scenes, and tightening up dances, and we end up doing alot of quality work, in less time, so time is more spent on relational building, and getting to know each other. We are already finding the time to be goofy, and act a fool.














So getting to know each other has been fun, sometimes we go out to eat after rehearsal, or go walk around the city(though we like most actors can't stand time square), usual times of hangout happen to be at lunch though. I have already found a little sister. Her name is Liz, she actually is one of the understudies for Evita, fierce little dancer, with a huge voice. We've already taken a special liking to each other. It's amazing how certain people just click right in with each other.

It's funny though, since we're doing what we love to do, it doesn't feel like work. I keep hearing how during different times in rehearsal people have it dawned on them that we actually are going on tour. I was getting dinner with one guy named Munib, who is probably going to be my closest guy friend, before we headed to church after rehearsal, and I was relating to the guy behind the counter how we had just gotten off work, and Munib had another revelation that We WERE actually working. So let me just say this is really awesome! and I am so freakin excited.













We do have the full internary! woohoo, BUT,it is always subject to change, infact we got a new one the next day.hahaha. It will be hard for me to post where we're going to be cause I can't cut and paste, but I will try and place where we're going to be for each month. I will still take a picture from each city, and try to write about every show, but please bare with me, for we have 49 cities in 3 1/2 months. Yeehaw

No comments: