Friday, September 21, 2007

The dookah

We arrive in Padukah Kentucky,

Within 20 mins of us getting off the bus, 2 guys who went to the gas station convenient store around the back of the hotel got stopped by the cops, and Id. They were interigated on the spot and asked if they knew some guy, even after they told them that they just got off of a bus from Iowa. Apparently, they fit some kind of description for some folks, ...riiighhht. City folk in a small town. Anyway, the manager of the hotel happened to be there at the same time, and he got irrate, and yelled at the cops for not welcoming the city's guest, and called the mayor, and the chief of police, so that was pretty cool.





Now since this all happened we expected this place to be as small country as could be, we were told not to go anywhere out of a group. But we were pleaseantly surprised by the staff of the hotel(which was a courtyard marriott, haleluha). They were the best staff we have delt with so far, and thats been a blessing. And the theater!!!!!





Woah Baby!! a new state of the art, absolutely beautiful theater, with space galore!!!!! an 1800 seater and we sold about 1500 each night! and again we were met at the end with standing ovations for each show, even with the massive technical problems we keep having. It was really wonderful, and our dressers were so professional, to the point where I felt uncomfortable cause he was willing and ready to do everything. I mean literally He was going to dress me, tuck me in, and button me up, so I did let him know He didn't have to totally help me, just set out my clothes. He even met me with a water bottle at the end of the act,( I must say I kind of felt weird), but it was nice to have someone who knew what they were doing.The only thing that was bad about this theater was the temperature they kept it. Man it was absolutely freezing. Next stop, back to IOWA!!

No comments: