Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Long Road of Tech














For the last 3 days we have been toiling away thru the show with lights and sounds trying to get everything cued up just right for the show. We were suppossed to end today by dinner time, and we almost did, but not quite. It is a very long very boring , some what tedious process, but it has to be done, and all and all, it's what makes the show so good. We also got to work with the props and flags, and banners, and drops that are also apart of the show, in fact some of us(mainly myself), found out that we actually do have props. I am a stage hand for one scene, and I just have to come up with my own mimeing action of what I'm doing, so I was acting all the ways I knew how to show I had a rope, and that I was fiddlin around with it, and lo and behold, I get yelled at for not having my prop, which is actually multiple feert of rope! So my acting was so good it just came into fruition, hahahaha.






Anyway, there's alot of down time when you're not on stage, and just waiting in the house, or waiting in the wings before you have to go on stage. SO alot of the cast has decided to try and get in shape as much as they can, so they will do push ups, and pilates in the ailes, it's been quite fun to watch. One time Kim just took over and gave us this massive hard pilates ab workout. But overall, you're just standing around bored and cold, to you have to go on stage, and stand around bored and cold, but in good light.










Because of the crazines of all this, and having to eat out all the time, some of us got up early today and walked a couple miles to a grocery store, it was a nice little walk.













The coolest thing about today was the fact that we got to go to the recording studio and record some tracks for the show, and some promotional reels to send out. That was way cool! Even when we were bored and tired in rehearsal, I would turn to people and just say, I'm livin the dream! Being in the studio is just another affirmation about how cool this all is, and how much of a blessing it is that I get too live out my dreams.










It was nice that today was different because of the studio session, cause we got to go home early, and that means mad relaxin in the hot tub! and drinkin jungle juice!!!(yeah right, it's just fruit punch).

3 comments:

RicKim said...

thanks for the text message. I'm still keeping up with you on the blog. Keep the posts coming! Rick and I are so excited for you. Praying for you brother.
Kim

pointygnomehat said...

you're quite the blogger! good luck with your work... hope to see you either in Baltimore or York.

-Josh

omaesue said...

Hey Babes! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work, & Keep the Faith! Stay in the Word, and stay Prayed up!

Love, Yo Momma aka MC