Sunday, September 16, 2007

Home Sweet Bus













Opening Preview nights were Great!!









Our first show went well despite the sound totally not being on it's game, but they got there act together for the 2 show, and we got standing ovations for both shows, which was such a surprise to us. The first show during my quick change from military to miner, I guess I forgot to put my mic pack on under my undershirt, so when I went to take it off, it was still attached to my cord, so I just ended up snatching it off, and running on stage without my it, which would be totally fine, but that happened to be the only number that I have a solo line in, I couldn't sing in someones elses mic cause mine was the only one on at that time, so I just stepped out and yelled at the top of my lungs. They stilled heard me.
So we were able to rest easy knowing that we are ready to go on tour.
And Troika had a fabulous party for us, and they gave us Evita traveling bags!.














So we just spent the last day and a half traveling from Tn to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with a stop in St. Louis MO last night. (which was fantastik by the way, we were in a marriot with fabulous beds, and an up to date fitness center with free weights! Yeah Jesus!) And I actually ate in a KFC in Kentucky! We have assigned seats on the bus, and a bus buddy who we got to pick. Well actually He picked me, his name's Chris( his father is U.S. Ambassador)!! Our seat is in the absolute back of the bus enclosed by the bathroom on the right side. At first I was like oh, and then after being there for 7 1/2 hrs got used to it, and like the hiddeness from everyone, everyone totally forgets I'm alive back there. When there's movies on I don't want to watch, I can just read, or write. We got to stop at Walmart today so I was able to get a drawing pad, and markers, and a cusion for the floor, we've already started sleeping on the floor. Our Bus drivers name is Tom, this isn't his first tour, but man it's like he's trying to make a record how early he can get us at the hotel, and we're always drifting over to the side strips. Now we're in the middle of west jablip iowa with a day off tomorrow. Now comes the challenge of figuring out what to do.




Still feeling somewhat uncool, and not wanted in a clique yet, but Learning to not let that effect who I am.

1 comment:

Helen Holmes said...

Alfie,

Break a leg tomorrow night! Enjoy every minute of this journey, it is a stepping stone to Broadway. You will shine so bright because it is obvious how much you love what you are doing. Be yourself and everyone will want to be your friend. Miss you at the gym! You look great in the pictures.

Love,

Helen Holmes (PSC)