Monday, September 24, 2007

A Wisconsin mess







I am tired and hungry.





We are in Platteville Wisconsin right now, we performed at the University of Wis. Platte.. Let's just say this place was kind of smaller than the U of Miss. But the crew was better. Since this place was actually a concert hall, there were many things we had to cut from the show because of the lack of space, or no fly rail. Basically none of our banners were flown at all, and some of our sets were cut, like the stairs. But we of course just decided to laugh it off.
For I had a great beginning of the day, and afternoon. The drive here was only around 2 hrs, and after we got here I went to work out,( this hotel has a partnership with this 24/7 fitness club) It was fantastic! Also I have been reacquainted with my desire to be in Cirque du Soleil, so now I will be disciplining myself to get in shape again so that I can audition for them, and try and make that dream come true. So I was feelin good.



I was ready to do the show, I had sat in my splits earlier, and just felt warmed up and in a better physical shape than I had been in a couple of days. Anyway, this was our worst show so far, woo absolutely. And it all started when we opened the coffin in the first scene and ,"Oh my Gosh!! There she is, UPSIDE DOWN!" yup the crew didn't set it right so we open the coffin, that by the way is placed on center stage with one stanchion higher so it sits her up, you know what would usually be her head. yeah it was crazy. So now all of us are flabbergasted, and really trying to hold laughter in. It was just crazy! And then the curtain didn't lose at the end of Act 1 fully, but that wasn't a biggie. But during the top of act 2 I screwed up. We are all running back and forth in front of the big staircase that Evita is on singing the famous song(Don't cry for me), and we are shouting her name all frantically, and after every trumpet blast we get crazier, and start singin even harder, and it's a hot mess, choreographed kayos. Well after the bases join in there is one more trumpet blast, and we freeze. Well I was so into the scene tonight, that I was running around in places I'm not usually, and when I heard a part where I knew I should be in my ending place I tried to get there, well I was way late, ending up being the total wrong way, and almost falling out of my freeze, and I didn't cut off right away, so you hear "evit...." all by itself. OOPSIES. hahahahha, but we were crackin up about it, it's happened before to others.





But true to form we still had a great show, and were met with another standing ovation, So Praise the Lord!!!!





Tomorrow however we have a 5am bus call for about a 7or 8 hr trip, ugh, double ugh! But Chris has a swing seat tomorrow, so I will be sleeping on the floor hard core my friends. We're going to the UP of Michigan, apparently it will be even more fraught with accents as this place. So we'll see how it goes. We're on our first long stretch of about 10 or 12 shows right in a row, and all in different cities. It's grueling, so Please send me your good thoughts, and prayers, emails, and calls of encouragement!!!
Here's a little rest stop fun for ya!

No comments: