Tuesday, November 27, 2007

a ponder on a bus

We are traveling,





That's pretty much all we ever do. We had a stop last night in Eugene Oregon, actually stayed at the same hotel from when we performed here, you know from earlier posts where I talk about the goobers, and the video of little gabby. We are now in Olympia Washington, which completes my upper left corner of my map. The only thing I'm missing from the west coast is Arizona and New Mexico, though for some reason I feel as if I've been to the phoenix airport before. We perform here tomorrow night, so we have the night and day off to go crazy. What's great for me is that I have a great friend from high school, and college n Seattle who are on their way to pick me up, to give me a night in a home rather than hotel, which is absolutely wonderful.

I think one of the hardest things for people to do is be grateful.

and it makes me wonder how often I live my life with, or in gratitude. I've just been thinking. A lot of people in the cast feel they're entitled to things. You hear alot of complaining, whining, and dislikes about any and everything. Now it's not always hunky doree out here. We've had some pretty disgusting hotel rooms, with mold and mildew, long bus rides with ever changing food stop times, to places with slim to no food options(pity the veggies), an over smelly bathroom that at times reeks throughout the bus, and that is without all the work aspects. But it seems that people will more often complain first rather than be patient and see thru the situation. There's alot of speaking before you think, sometimes I wonder if half of us here have even heard of that before. Now on top of all this, and long tiring days, I still have manual labor to do of unloading, and loading the bus, and from dealing with every ones luggage you see who's considerate and who isn't, If I wanted to I could be the foremost runner for bad attitude, so I've decided that every night I am going to try and sit down and write out what I'm thankful for, and to tell someone what I've written. I don't want to live life grumpy, or have a complaining attitude, or have people remember me as one who always notated the negative.

So right now, I am thankful for a strong back, that is healthy and can allow me to do hard work after a long ride, and the pain of knowing my muscles have been used.
remember
love people as hard as you can.

No comments: