Sunday, November 25, 2007

The smell of wine in the air!

One of the coolest things about being involved in a tour,
is traveling from place to place, and the experience of choosing to not live in fear. See one can have an attitude that says, hey what do I got to loose, I'm only here for one night, I can be anybody I want, or talk to any one I choose. It gives you an heir of courageousness so to speak. Well Being a people person, I am already inclined to talk and connect to strangers, and the added attitude just makes me super out going Alfie! hahahaha
Let's see, I now am friends with the waiter from Tupelo MS, the bar tender from Billings Montana, the dance studio receptionist from Santa Cruz Ca, and today solidified a new friendship with Eldon, and his wife. Eman was the runner for us yesterday, the one who had to just hang around until somebody needed something. So as usual, I forced him into conversation. We ended up sharing alot about each other, and feeling free to get into a real deep conversation, even in the midst of everyone else. It was pretty awesome, he turned the whole day around. If you remember from before, this was the long start at 5am day that went into a 2 show day, where we spent over 13 hrs at the theatre, SO needless to say everyone gets tired and annoyed of each other, and it was great to have a whole other persons energy to connect with. He was able to bring his wife and niece to see the show the next day, and afterwards they were gracious and took me out to dinner. And now I have friends here in Nappa Valley Ca! How sweet!
The other very encouraging thing that happened here in wine country was this, a reviewer came to see the first matinee we did on sat, and apparently picked a couple of people she wanted to talk to. Not being able to put face with name( cause no pics in the programs) she went up to the merchandise guy and described who she wanted to see. Well it was me, I mean all you really have to do is ask for the deliciously dark chocolate guy, and everyone knows who you're talking about. Anyway, she didn't need me for long, she just wanted to tell me that I really stuck out from the ensemble, and that I was a good dancer. That's all I needed. In this show where there is only 1 dance number, and I have none of the featured dance roles, and just keep feeling like I am getting fat and ugly, to have someone say that I stand out in a good way(besides being black) is such a needed affirmation.
We are now headed to Olympia Washington! It will be my first time in that state as well. It will take us 2 days to get there, with a stop in Eugene Oregon again, same hotel too. So I will try and post some fun video, and pics from the bus or something. Oh by the way I made it so anyone can comment on any posting, so if anyone has any questions they want answered, or anything you want me to talk about, or take pics of let me know!!!!
love people as hard as you can

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really admire you alfie.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Blog Alfi...so glad to have met you and we will see you again! XO EMan ;-}