Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Washington Renewal


We have made it to Washington!! And we had a great show tonight!!
We arrived here in Olympia yesterday, and about an hr later my great friends Erin and Kevin came and picked me up, and took me back to their house in Seattle!
I had an absolutely fabulous time, I don't think I haven't gotten to see them since I sang in their wedding which was 2yrs ago, so it was a long awaited visit. And you know what was really awesome for me, this: Kevin is a pretty quiet guy( doesn't mean he's not listening though), and poor fellow broke his foot jumping down from his bunk on his Navy ship, so he was seating in the back seat, listening away as his wife Erin and I gabbed away and caught up. Well I made a comment apologizing for not singing the best I could at their wedding, to which he chimed in and said that was his favorite part of the day, and at which the moment when He let go, and either almost cried or cried. Hearing this Comment from him floored me, and I quickly shut up about it, I don't think he knows how much that meant to me.
Anyway we had a wonderful time talking over this wonderful roast that Erin made, and then baking cookies, and brownies, ( which of course I brought all back for the cast), only after I had my share in a delicious ice cream sundae!. All we did was hangout and watch disney movies, The Incredibles, and the new one Ratotouie (it was alright).
Seeing them was wonderful and restored me some more for being on the road. But I ended up getting closer to a new friend as well today, and that also made me lifted, my energy level for the show was awesome tonight, and man I was able to look over peoples crap, and just smile a lot more tonight. I even felt good enough to be the bigger man, and I went and had a talk with someone in the cast that I had been harboring ill judgemental feelings for, and asked for their forgiveness for. Man did that feel good. So though it has been raining here, surprise surprise, If it is God crying , it was because he was happy that I am doing the right things.
Today I am thankful for new beginnings with old friends, taking risks with new friends, and for the freedom of forgiveness!
oh yeah, and for these sweet new water bottles we got tonight!!!
Love people as hard as you can!
next stop a night's rest in redding ca

No comments: