Friday, November 23, 2007

A Thanksgiving to remember!



Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!
(you 'd better believe right now I'm listening to Christmas music, Thank God for Free web radio!)
As you know we have had the last week off here in San Luis Obispo, And for those of us who didn't have the pleasure of going home, and stayed here had an incredibly blessed experience being enthralled by the quality and service of the embassy suites hotel.
It has been a pretty fantastik week! As soon as we got here we set it Lauren had it set up for us to be able to take a free Ballet class, and since it was free, we all went( um, all the dancers). We had a great time, and the School was ever so generous, and welcomed us in with open arms. The great thing about it was I didn't feel so fat and ugly, and un-dance like like at the class we took in Santa Cruz, Yeah!! I am so excited to go home, cause the first week all I will do is dance! You know I think Half of the kids dance company from the school got to see us perform tonight, cause apparently they were screaming their heads off for us, and I think stopped by the stage door tonight. I love having my arts family extended.
Anyway, I haven't done much all week, which has been absolutely fabulous! Again let me just say how great this place is, I opened the door, and walked into my living room. That's right each room has a seperate living room with tv, and a hall way bathroom, that goes to your bedroom with another tv. We had a card for free complimentary breakfast, so I went down the first morning and asked what I was able to get, and the woman proceeded to give a visual tour, here's where you get your omelettes, potatoes, thats the cereal bar, there's the juice bar, pastrybar,pancake,waffle,eggs,fruit, bar. Umm Oh ok. I was fantastically floored! And on top of that there was a happy hour every night from 530 to 730 where we also had a free comp card to, Which is just a bad thing for this cast. Since it was free, one night I decided to partake an a distilled beverage. Now I don't drink, I hate the task and pretty smuch the smell of alcohol, So I told the cast if they could find me a fruity drink that is sweet and doesn't taste like Alcy I would have it( they want to see me drink, and get crazy). Well Phil comes to meet later with this big class of some mixed juices and said just sip it. So I went to the store, bought some cheese,crackers,salami, and lobster patte, and had myself a nice time getting know my friends, ME Myself, and I, people It feels I don't get to see often for quality time alone. I also got a chance to walk downtown, and see the new movie Enchanted.I know you're probably saying why'd I choose that with all the good movies out now, well, I like fantasy movies, especially disney, hey come on I worked there, and because I wanted to so there!
So Thanksgiving, Well we tried to make it as special for us as possible. So James decided to have everyone over in the morning for pastry, juice and merriment as we watched the Macys parade, the only requirement was to come in your Jammies, I wish I got a picture but to no avail. It was great to was great to watch our peers performing in NYC, made us all home sick. For dinner Troika decided to take us all out cast,crew,and pitt to Marie Calenders, a popular place to eat here on the west coast. People described it as a mix between Shoneys and Dennys, maybe equivalent to a Perkins. Ok, so it's going to be a different Thanksgiving, we accepted, and pretty much new were having a broke dinner, but we stilled dressed up, and made our spirits brite. Well we get there, and from the other clientelle, we looked at each other and said,"exactly what I was imagining!" Well it ended up taking almost 30mins for us to be seated, cause of some people who were taking their sweet time leaving, which I don't blame them for it was a holiday, but the restaraunt should have had something ready. Well It would make this whole thing such a long story to tell you all of it's indivisual ghettoness. But we ended up making it a special moment for us. We got them to turn the lights down, find candles, and give us more food than was alloted to us, haahahaha by the end they were just bringing out whole pies, and tins of whip cream, and bottles of whine. We even ended up eating pie straight from the table, it was truly ghetto but we thoroughly embraced it! Thanksgiving 2007 San Luis Obispo, never forget it.








We had 1 show black friday night, and after 4 days off it was good and energized, and everybody seems to be back to their usual selves, bad or good. Oh well christmas is coming! Only 22 days til we have our layoff!WHHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO.
better go to bed, 5am call, 7hr drive, straight to theatre, a matinee, and then an 8pm show, One very very long day.

No comments: