Wednesday, December 12, 2007

So they fixed the internet connection YEAH!!!!!!


Today I was awakened by a phone call from my friend Jess on the east coast. She is the girl that pretty much started this whole thing. Her picture is the first pic I think I ever put on my blog, it's the one with me next to a beautiful blonde, and I'm in a black tie.( I think it's on my second post.) Anyway, we have been friends since our first show together, which was Aida, and she is the one who told me to audition for CHICAGO,(oh by the way, she didn't know I would have such a bad time there.) She is a beautiful girl, who writes passionate songs, and is a fierce dancer. Well, I haven't heard from her in a while, and was wondering what show she has been in, well the great news she told me was that she, after multiple auditions, and various callbacks, and visits infront of the director, was offered the role of CHRISTINE in the Broadway show A CHORUS LINE!! That's right she made the show with my big bro James!!! Now she is the first replacement for the girl who is on broadway right now, and if the girl happens to renew her contract than she is the Christine for the First national tour that will go out in March. This is such an awesome thing for her. I am so happy for her!
And I was able to tell her about the cool thing that happened to me yesterday.

So yesterday after I found out that we could check our email in the airport, I was one of the many who wipped out there laptops to sign on. I had been getting emails from Cirque Du Soleil telling me that my online application was not finished, that I needed to send them my video demo so they could fully review me. Well I have no way of making a video for them, and on top of that I had no idea of what they wanted on the video, cause I couldn't find anything that told me the requirements. ( oh When we had visited Las Vegas the first time, and I got to see that Cirque how KA for free, is what inspired me to send them my info). Well this email was to tell me that since they hadn't receieved everything, that they were not looking at me anymore, and goodbye. Oh well, I thought, better luck next time. So time passes, and I go check my coat to make sure everything is in it's place, never can be to safe at an airport, and I see that I have a voice mail, so I check only to hear this uhh umm.." hello this is Sonya from Cirque du Soleil, and I wanted to speak to Alfonso parker about his online app. and his video submition, We would like to see this so we could decide whether or not to bring him in for an audition, so please give me a call back." (abridged version), WHAT!!!!! yes that's right they personally called me and wanted me to get ahold of them. So um of course I did, and had to leave a message cause she wasn't there, ... But then she called back!, She was able to tell me everything I needed on the video, and my time frame. She then preceded to get all my vitals, ht wt, birthdate, Oh yeah, this was real. Now I couldn't freakin believe this, now I don't know what their audition process is like, but I am sure they do not call everyone to send them full applications just so they can see if they might want to fly them in for an audition. And even if they do do that for everyone, I'm freakin one of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just feels so awesome to even be this far in this process of this big dream I've had. So when I get back to philly I will just be getting this video together, so pray that I make a fierce video.
Tonight was the first night that I didn't perform in the show, So you know how I told you yesterday that I was going to get my knee checked out, well the only place I could go was the ER. So I went and waited for a year, and found out there is nothing wrong with my knee. In fact from my resting heart rate I am an athelete! The Doc check out my knee and told me that my body was telling me to freakin chill out. It is doing this thru the means of bursitis, which is just inflamed sacks of fluid that we have on all our major joints. SO I can't do any other kind of excersize besides my occupational dancing, but gave me a note to get out of the show tonight, which my friends was fine with me. In fact they should probably be here in any minute. It has been a wonderful night of relaxation, and on line errand running. So thanks for praying for me, keep doing so, cause I'm gonna freak out since I can't be active, and especially since I can't dance as much as I wanted too, i'm gonna feel like a fat slug.

That's all thats new here tomorrow we head to New mexico.

I am thankful for the ability to pursue my dreams!!!!, and SEE THEM COME TRUE!!!!

here's some other fun pictures from Las vegas!


2 comments:

ia said...

I'm so glad there's nothing seriously wrong with your knee! You better come see us when you're back in Philly!

Jessica said...

Hi Alfie! I am glad that your knee just needs a rest--nothing worse than that!!!! And also, you are such a sweetheart to write what you did about me--thanks so much for your kind words and happiness for me:-) I hope you have such a lovely break...and that you realize you are the absolute furthest thing from a fat slug that there is...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!