Wednesday, October 31, 2007

And on we travel.
We hit South Dakota, my first time ever in the upper mid west, very exciting and very cool. Let me just say that the mountains up here are beautiful, it has been really great to see all these natural beautys. It is really strange though, cause you drive and drive, and see nothing but what seems like waste lands, dry deserts, seens from movies that you never thought really existed, you wonder if there really is a town, let alone a city that even knows what theater is. We get the 10 mins from the hotel speech, and still come upon nothing that seems to be people established, and then you go over a hill, and swoosh there is a thriving little city town, (seemingly out of no where.)







The crew told us about this good restaurant in town called the firehouse grille, so as what happens in every place, the whole cast usually ends up eating there at one time or another, or all at once thru spurts of groups. We bring the business! It was actually a nice spot to eat at. The wonderful yet weird thing about performing in Rapid Falls, SD, was that both are shows were at 7pm. So we got out at like 945pm which is just bizarre for us to have so much evening time left. We went to hangout at the pub on the corner, and everyone was pretty blasted and was ready to go home, and it wasn't even midnight! Ha! Of course not me,but Mikey did by a shot for everyone, well we basically brought the business to this bar, we had 22 people there from Cast,crew, and pit. and then there was this little table of 4. I did have a sip of the shot, and gave the rest back to Mikey, (he likes getting drunk).


The absolute cool thing was the next morning,oh wait, so I went jogging around this park that was next to the theater, and was aways from the hotel, and was coming up upon this little bridge, and saw there was people hanging out under it. "Uh Oh, why are they under a bridge, here we go, delinquents." So I run in and it's a bunch of spanish guys, and as I run some start getting up as if they were running with me, in front and behind. I had my ipod on,Though it wasn't working cause the batteries were dead, but I just acted like I couldn't hear them. I have to admit I was pretty alert, and tense, and ready to sprint. But I'm alright.


SO anyway, Rob, our bus driver being so cool, decided to take anybody who wanted to go, to Mt RUSHMORE! It was Fantastik!!!! I am the first person in my family to have ever been this far west, and to see the glory that is RUSHMORE! It was truly amazing, breath taking, and patriotic. A couple of us took the presidential path to the highest view point. When we got there we took our pictures, and they left....I couldn't. I just sat down on the one side of the fence and just gazed up at these monumental men. I don't know what it was, but it just hit me, freedom, sacrifice, honor, and an over whelming sense of humility. For some reason I have always been a very home team oriented, patriotic person. After I left that spot and walked further down the trail, down the hill, I found this big rock that was off the trail, that jetted out over the mountain. well of course I had to ran out and sit on it. Well As soon as I got out there and peered out The wind started blowing and God told me HE loves me, and let's just say the whole was way emotional, and I was crying. Blah blah blah, say what you want, I needed to cry.and it felt good! Want to know something really funny, well in the gift shop they sell chocolate bars somehow represented of each president. George Washington, milk chocolate, Thomas Jefferson, milk chocolate with rice crispies, Roosevelt, milk chocolate with almonds, and you guessed it, Good ole Abe Lincoln, DARK CHOCOLATE BABY!! Better believe it! I'd be no where without that man!




The shows felt good, I haven't felt that good with my voice since rehearsals back in NYC, so if you're prayin for my voice out there, keep it up!!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hi, Alfie! Andrew sent me the link to your blog. Sounds like you had a great time in SD. I hope your vioce continues to feel good. You're in my thoughts and prayers, bro!
~Barbara