Saturday, October 27, 2007

Colorado Healing

Ever since we arrived here in Colorado Springs, the whole atmosphere of the cast has been different. Malia says since we're all so much alike, when one or a couple of people might be down, the whole cast pretty much is. But everyone is saying how being in this place has just been so uplifting, and so needed for our indivisual spritual welfare. I was walking yesterday to the mall across the street, with the Rocky mountains on one side of me, and the sun shining down as glorious as it could, and I was jut overwhelmed with a sence of warmth and assurance that things will be ok. Now I knew that I was excited for saturday, cause I get to see 2 of my closest friends, and that I was going to be able to spend some time with A wonderful man, who is a mentor, guide, and counselor to me, here in CO Springs, but there was just something else that was touching my heart.



I have been here only once before my sophomore year at Penn State, when we road tripped here for spring break with my fellowship group. So maybe that's why I was feeling so good, cause every memory of CO is a great one: Coming here with Navs, Going to Eric's wedding, making friends at Eric's wedding, Going to Kyle's wedding in Aspen, Hangin with Jay in Denver. Colorado has just been good to me. One glorious thing about here that I remembered was going to the national park Garden of the Gods.
We performed at the Pikes Peak Center, the premiere place here to perform at. And let me just tell you this place was huge! and it seemed the first night it was sold out, for even the highest balconies were packed, but we found out tonight that it wasn't cause tonight was! Which was just amazing, and it was great cause we got standing Os from these huge houses. It was really fantastik too, cause this is the home town of my roomate Trip!, He had literally a gaggle of people to see him at each show. The only thing that has sucked for us while being here, is the not being used to this elevation, we noticed it in Pueblo, Co, after our dance number, and we all got off the stage extremely winded, and all feeling incredibly heavy. SO we have been trying to adjust as much as we can to breathe better, also since it is so dry here, it has been harder to stay ont top of our voices. God still blessed the shows though.
Since Trip had an ocean of people here to see him, they were all blocking one side of the stairs outside the door, so there was no way but the left to get to the bus, well as I walk to the left, and looked up, There stands Jon Channell,One of my closest friends! and his wife Joy! Just Chillin! It was such a huge surprise, I screamed something, I really don't remember what I said, but I said it in a really really, well really high pitched voice. Oh and I also called him a fart knocker. Apparently my friends Jon and Betsy were planning on surprising me by having them be with them on Saturday when I see them, but overlooked the fact that they would be in Co springs with me at the same time! So there gift to me came 2 days early, Which was absolutely wonderful for me.I love this Kid! I was a groomsmen and sang in his wedding. Once in college we were at this retreat, and I was having a bad time so I got prayed for, and he just ended up hugging me every 10 mins for the rest of the night, just to keep checking in. ( He knows physical touch is my love language, He's the only one who picks me up and suizzes me to death when he hugs me.). In fact he knows me pretty well, down to my bad eating habits for dancing, and the phrases I'll shout when surprised. I absolutely love this guy. So after the show we went to Dennys which by the way I had a great sandwhich( chicken ranch melt), and had a greta time being in each others pressence. Those 2 were actually in town for a couples convention with their job. God knew it was exactly what I needed to regenerate.
















The other awesome thing was the next day I got to go to Garden of The Gods again!We had an absolute glorious(word of the day), time! There were 8 of us who rented a mini van, and drove out to it, it was actually not to far from our hotel. It seemed like it effected me even more than the first time. It was just breath taking, and quieting, which is hard to do for a bunch of professional singing performers. Well and I have to admit, after the intial shock, there is the swells of awe and excitement which of course makes us want to break out in song and dance again, so there was singing later on as we were walking. It was just the right group of people to go with, nice easy, relaxing, and peaceful. we were all saying how this is exactly what we needed, that our souls needed to be in a beautiful place, and they were.
















SO after that wonderful adventure, later on I was able to meet with my spiritual daddy Vic. He works as the head of the prayer ministry for the national collegiate ministry known as Navigators, which is the group I went to in college. He's actually Jason Blacks dad, that's how I met him. Jason was the friend I got to hang out with in Jackson, MS, (check out the posting titled, the beautiful black girls!) So Vic was able to find time out of his incredibly busy schedule to hangout, so he met me in the lobby of the hotel, and we headed to to famous talk spot, Starbucks, which by the way I hate. I got a pumpkin spice, with extra spice, chai, I guess it was good. I Love this man as well, He is full of so much wisdom, and knowledge, and compassion, and a desire to know God more. Oh and he is fiercely in love with his family! He infact is what I set the standard to, of what a family should be like. It was great to bounce all the stuff that's been going on in my head and heart to him, and just be heard. and have him speak into my life. He basically set me straight again, Told me that I don't have to try so hard, and gave me a book to read, something we can go thru together. Glorious humane connection!
by the way, My show that night was off the hizzil!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Looking good Alfie. Keep up the good work. We miss you here in Philly.