Sunday, October 21, 2007

overlapping circles

Well today was a pretty rough day.
We had a 630am eastern call and we didn't get to our hotel until 5pm central time, here in Tupelo Misssissippi,( the birth place of Elvis Preseley). So we were expecting a real long day. These kind of travel days, we don't plan on doing much but sleeping the day away. The way it works is, we have to stop every 2hrs for 15 mins, and every 4 hrs for an hour, (union rules for the band). Not too many people on the bus are happy with the driver, they feel he is brake happy, and loves the noise of the brumble patches on the sides of the roads, cause we sure do do both of those alot. It really shows who has patience, and who doesn't, it's amazing what little things become little tests in a situatiion like tour, to show what kind of character you have. We all have things to work on, but I'm surprised how many of the cast still have to work on patience, consideration, and self control, and maybe an edit or even as far as a mute button for their mouths. (little side note we left a person at a rest stop and had to go back and get him, wasn't long, but poor BJ has to pay overtime to the band, since they're union)









So as that being my opening statement, you can probably tell that this is going to be more of an emotional letter to ya. The past 2 nites for me have been rough. You get to that point where you just aren't going to compromise who you are anymore, and not put up with all the negative crap that goes on. I knew we were going to have a bad show last night, cause the attitude, and yelling that was going on in our dressing room was hurrendous. I had to just put my Ipod on and listen to my gospel music to combat their voices, and what they were saying. So the bad energy given off from everyone put me in a mood, and my energy level was definitely down. whatever we still got a standing o, but you could tell the didn't want to give it to us, and we just wanted to get out of there. Anyway, As I've said before Chris and I have the very humble pleasure of having the absolute back seat of the bus, yup right next to the bathroom. So that makes my bed space the floor area right infront of the bathroom. I don't usually get good sleep, why, well you remember how I said people need to learn consideration, well since I have to lay on the floor infront of the bathroom to stretch out, I feel when people want to go to the bathroom, by the slamming of the door on my thigh. It's an absolute wonderful way to be woken up, especially when you finally get to a deep sleep. I'm am not complaining, I have figured out a way to remedythe situation. none the less I did not get off the bus in a wonderful to be here, la de dah, happy go lucky cinderella mood.

but, whatever, I'm on tour....right??

Well the plan was to take some time, work out, or do whatever, and meet about 7ish to go eat at OutBack Steakhouse, way over everyone's budget but hey, we have to treat ourselves every now and then, especially after long days like these. So I ended up missing the train over, which at first made me want to feel sad and lonely, but I found some of the crew to walk with, and let me just say These folks who live an even rougher life, and who I only see in all black clothes, backstage( the next blog about them), Looked good and Hot tonight!, So I was happy to walk in with them. We got there and were greeted with great elation, always good to walk in with a hot lookin Mama. Well the mood was great and got better, there was a whole bunch of us there, and we were loud and rambunctious, and our waiter was this handsome young guy, who decided to join in on the fun, joked with us, showed us some magic tricks, really encouraged us to have the best time we could. The funny thing is we were loud and roudy like we were drunk, but it's sunday in the south, even outback wasn't serving alcohol!! So it was good clean fun. The waiter's name was Kevin, aka Turbo, and He was full of fun stories, accept for the little info he gave us about how this town we're in had a KKK meeting just last night. Thank God we leave early tomorrow morning.









SO I'm alright, oh probably the biggest thing that helped make it all better, is the fact that before I got ready to go out tonight, I bought the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE SOUNDTRACK. And have been listening to it since, including right now! It's wonderful, go see this movie, and feel better, remember love is all you need, and you know what, I do have real people who love me.

No comments: