Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Cheyenne Gift









I have been looking forward to Performing in Cheyenne, Wyoming ever since we started tour. My Best Friend Jon Elliott and his wife Betsy were planning to attend cause it was the closest place to him since he is in Grad school in CO. So my hearts excitement to see them totally took over any other feelings good or bad.
















There's been some new Activities going for me now. Ever since we got the new bus driver and bus, I have been helping load and unload the bus. Our new driver ,Rob, is totes awesome!(that stands for totally, it has entered into our tour lingo slang), but he is an older gentlemen, who came out of semi retirement to drive us around, who's had alot of surgeries so we wanted to help him out. Well I was the first one the next morning to help him, so now I am contracted to help him, it's in my check and everything. Oh, and I got company covered lunch every couple weeks.

Now my original plan was to get Jon and Bets, a room in our hotel so we could just hang out all night and not worry about getting them back home, but When I was in Co Springs, Jon called me and told me there was a surprise for me in Cheyenne, that was going to conflict with the room. But HE was also persistent in asking me if I was actually in Co springs that very moment. Well turns out the surprise was to bring my other best friend Jon Channell to see me after the show, but they didn't realize Channell, and his wife Joy would be there at the same time as me, so they decided to just surprise me there in stead( i.e. the post before this).


Now Jon Elliott and I had this elaborate plan to get tickets so that Channell and Joy could see the show too, So I ended up having to write all these weird request for tickets to be held, on split cards and some junk. Well I went outside to greet them after sound check, and they told me the tickets had all been comped! Well my Company Manager said it was a gift for being such a great helper with the luggage! Praise God!!!! So we all just felt amazingly blessed.










Now Of course I had to put on a bomb show cause my friends were here, But let me just tell you dancing in High altitude when you're not used to it is the most absolute hardest thing. I didn't feel it to we had to do the dance number, and I was trying to warm up, and Man I was getting so winded just swinging my legs back and forth. I felt like I had the worst show I've ever had when it comes to my energy level, and feeling like I was about to pass out. Especially since I had to work my face out for my friends and try to look as fierce as possible. Well we went out afterwards, and they told me they loved the show anyway, which I was absolutely thrilled at. It was absolutely fantastic having 2 of my closest best friends with me, and able to see what I'm doing. It was a great source of validation, and just a great time of strengthening our relationships. Oh and I got to give Channell his birthday present face to face which was great. They totally loved me the way I always want to be loved, by planning and sacrificing, and surprising. The stuff I feel like I do more often for people then they do for me, so it was a real special moment in my life. I love them dearly. Heck I even chased after the car when they left!











The blessings kept coming, the crew bus broke down, and our driver went and picked them up, and took them to Casper our next stop, and then had to come back and pick us up, and take us there. So we ended up having the whole morning to ourselves. I had a fabulous breakfast with
James, and then Kari, Cameron, and I got to go to church! Awesome, I haven't been able to go to church since rehearsal in NYC. In fact I think maybe 3/5ths of the cast either went to mass or church, it was great for us. It was very nice to be in that kind of welcoming atmosphere again.













We ended up having to drive straight to the theater in Casper, which made the whole day feel shorter, the show was crazy, of course because of the sound. We were in an arena again, so we had space out the wazoo again, but means we couldn't fly anything in at all, including the video projection, which is like a key part of our show, in any event, it just ment Mikey was really bored cause he had nothing to do. So he played with my props, as I was on stage, I looked back and half my rope which I had coiled on stage, was gone and under the back curtain. I knew who it was immediately, for He is always messing with me right before I have to go out on stage. Anyway another standing O.

And after I put all the bags back on the bus that people weren't using, the Company manger(Brad) gives me my room key and says, if you want your own room, you got it. Another gift, Kingsize bed, Thank you God!









No comments: